2.0 Hot Rods
Hot Rods are the absolute pinnacle of the non-contact oval racing classes in the world and the 2.0 Hot Rods are an ultra-competitive version of these.
A full field of Hot Rods racing within the confines of a quarter mile oval has been compared to "jet fighters in a gymnasium".
The formula is strictly governed to ensure that it is a driver's ability that will propel them to victory!Current Champions
2019 Scottish Champion - 91 Jim Pitcaithly
2019 Lochgelly Track Champion - 91 Jim Pitcaithly
2018-19 HRP National Points Champion - 91 Jim Pitcaithly
Additional Comments and Rules
As discussed at the 2020 drivers meeting for the formula, the following will be implemented for the 2020 race season.
- The Scottish Championship will be contested from an out of the hat draw and the grid will be determined by two reverse grid qualifying heats. The top point scorer from the heats will be at the front of the grid for the Scottish Championship race. In order to be eligible for being gridded, drivers must have participated in at least 50% of the race meetings in the season to date OR at least 3 of the previous 4 meetings. Any driver not meeting this criteria will be required to start from the back for ALL races on the night, this includes the Scottish Championship race.
- Any driver booking in and not turning up on race day will forfeit the grid position for the next race meeting. They will be required to start from the back of their grade at the next meeting they attend. Exceptional circumstances may see this rule waived.
- Any driver not booking in will be required to start from the back of their grade for the heats.
- 2.0 Hot Rod Track Championship 2019 - Updated 15th Nov 2019
- 2.0 Hot Rods National Points Chart 19-20 - Updated 16th Mar 2020
- 2020 2.0 Hot Rod Rules - Updated 12th Mar 2020