Junior Productions are a non-contact high speed formula made up primarily of Corsas, Peugeots and similar small sized cars.
The Junior Productions formula is for drivers aged 10-15 years old - all drivers must retire from the formula on their 16th birthday.
This Formula is Non-Contact, and racing is in a clockwise direction.
Cars should be prepared with a professional racing appearance. This standard is required to be maintained throughout the driver's racing season.
With increasing numbers throughout 2018 and 2019, 2020 looks set to be the best year for the formula since it was introduced; The formula is seen as a good starting point for drivers looking to develop into Stock Rods or similar sized formula.
Selected events at DMC, for example, the Irish Open Championship, will also be awarded National Points.
Additional Comments and Rules
As discussed at the 2020 drivers meeting for the formula, the following will be implemented for the 2020 race season.
- The Scottish Championship will be contested from an out of the hat draw and the grid will be determined by two reverse grid qualifying heats. The top point scorer from the heats will be at the front of the grid for the Scottish Championship race. In order to be eligible for being gridded, drivers must have participated in at least 50% of the race meetings in the season to date OR at least 3 of the previous 4 meetings. Any driver not meeting this criteria will be required to start from the back for ALL races on the night, this includes the Scottish Championship race.
- Any driver booking in and not turning up on race day will forfeit the grid position for the next race meeting. They will be required to start from the back of their grade at the next meeting they attend. Exceptional circumstances may see this rule waived.
- Any driver not booking in will be required to start from the back of their grade for the heats.
- The Junior Productions will be graded using their season average for the 2020 season at Lochgelly Raceway.
- 2022 Junior Production Rules 17-01-22 - Updated 17th Jan 2022
- Junior Production Points 2022 - Updated 13th Jun 2022
Other Useful Links
- 2022 Drivers List
- Roll of Honour [Coming Soon]